05 May, 2008

On Romans 1

...well a close friend of mine (Allen Deak) and I have decided to step into Romans these last few days before summer and see what it has to show us. I found it absolutely amazing that I had things begin to be revealed to me even before I began reading Paul's letter.

This letter was written to the church in Rome prior to Paul or any other early church leader (James, Peter) had visited that area.
This is amazing for two reasons:
  1. It meant that there were many "little" missionaries going out into the world and spreading the gospel of Christ, since no "big" missionaries had yet been there. God used all those who were willing to give themselves to Him!
  2. It is also amazing because it hits so close to home with one of the many emotions I am feeling as I prepare to leave for Alaska."First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, because your faith is being proclaimed throughout the whole world.
    "For God, whom I serve in my spirit in the preaching of the gospel of His Son, is my witness as to how unceasingly I make mention of you. For I long to see you so that I may impart some spiritual gift to you, that you may be established; that is, that I may be encouraged together with you while among you, each of us by the other's fruits, both yours and mine." Romans 1:8-12
    I feel what Paul obviously felt toward his brothers...brothers that he had never met before. He cared for them as though he had already walked beside them for years. Like he had trudged right beside them through dry lands. As I call fellow Christians that are attending Echo Project this summer I have begun to have a deep sense of fellowship and brotherhood with them, even though I have yet met any of them!

How I pray that my time spent in Alaska can be one that makes positive impact on the men I am working with and on my own life. I look forward to the days of this summer...days that God will place me in situations to stretch me farther than He has before. Situations that will require trust...trust that will be strengthened through His faithfulness! How much I look forward to the opportunities ahead...

Continue praying for me and my brothers. Thank you.


In Christ,

Bradley

1 comment:

Kellie Mullican said...

Bradley, I am so excited for you and the people who get to meet you this summer. You are in my prayers daily!