04 September, 2009

Anxious?


...We all have a tendency to become anxious.
I you may see as a non-worrying soul, roll with the punches, easy going, fella (you may not also). I would like to be and at times I am but let me share with you one story of my past... I had a stress induced ulcer at age 5...why? well I worried about class...and mostly T-Ball...that is right I stressed out about hitting a stationary ball! (Talk about foolish anxiety).

But is not all anxiety foolish?
Philippians 4:6 says,
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."
Why should we have any concern for our steps tomorrow, if we look to Christ for direction?

I say this...and saying it is easy. Yet, even today...after feeling as though I have effectively given heed to the direction of Christ (in school...in work...in general) I find myself to be anxious about something that I have held on to over the years...
I sit here saying "yes Lord, I will go there.", "yes Lord, I will change that.", "yes Lord, I will be...", then I find myself saying "Lord, you know best, but let me...", "You have never failed me, yet let me take lead...here, now, with this."

God, help me let go of all this anxiety...this concern for my tomorrow, for my next step, for where I will live, and who I will marry. Let me be concerned only on bringing glory to you...to appropriately reflecting you to those around me...to loving others...to living for you!
"'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope."
Jeremiah 29:11

You have plans to prosper me...
You have never failed me...
You prepare a place for me...
You are my strength...
.........

"You maketh me lie down in green pastures...You leadeth me beside the still waters!"



No comments: