18 May, 2010

Captured.

Yesterday, I had a bit of free time. I decided to spend that time catching up with the ole' kayak! It was good and very nice...relaxing as always. I took Jabe along with me, so that made it an adventure for sure. :)

It's always such a deep breath of calming silence to be outside in God's creation! I find it so interesting how easily we forget that.
Just yesterday, I was out on the water in awe of our Creator, and His great Gift, and the Grace that He has given me through Him. Just yesterday, I was SO struck by the soft warmth of the sun, the gentle touch of the Oklahoma breeze, the many pieces of cotton riding on those gusts...and the overall magnificence of all that He has created and placed around us. Yet even as it was so recent that He has captured me with these awe-inspiring things, I have already forgotten so much.
If I were to return today...I would yet again be left saying, 'I forgot just how beautiful His creation was', 'I forgot just how fully His forgiveness is given', 'I forgot just how much love He has for me'.

Absolutely crazy!
I am unable to comprehend Him. Even when I begin to have a greater depth of understanding, if I were to try to commit that understanding to memory...then recall it tomorrow, (just like my memories of His grand creation) I would be so far from true understanding...so far from the reality that really He is.

The coolest thing about it all.
If I allow myself time in His creation, I will again be captured once again by it's beauty, I will once again be at a level of understanding that I am unable to place words to what I see...I will be taken aback, I will breathe deep...
Likewise,
If I allow myself time with Him, I will again be captured once again by His grace, love, forgiveness, beauty. I will once again be at a level of understanding that I am unable to place words to what I see, feel, understand...I will be taken aback, I will breathe deep...CAPTURED BY HIM!


Please take the time to know Him.

1 comment:

JerL said...

Hi Brad

Wow... Lovely shots you have taken of the Lord's creation!

Reading this post just reminded me to spend more time with the Lord amidst our busyness! Thanks!