I do not mean for this to be some choring read. Nor do I mean it specifically for pleasure either. Rather, I recently realized that I have never expressed to you my beliefs, or where I stand on this topic; that is of top importance to me. So in short I believe:
- there is only one God, who exists as three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. I believe that He is fully perfect. I believe that He created the earth, universe, and all other matter (for that matter :). Including us.
- man was made in His image and likeness, and that we choose to disobey, incurring death. Therefore, now since man's first sin, all people are born sinful.
- the only way to be saved from our incurred (spiritual) death is through the work of Jesus Christ (God the Son) by His death upon the cross.
- that by His (Christ's) perfect life and sacrificial death, salvation has been provided for all people; and those who repent of their sinful/imperfect life and believe that He died for them, receive eternal life!
- that the will of God is for all people to come to know Him in a personal/interactive way.
- that once one comes to know Him that they might become evermore of His character, and that this coupled with a growing heart for others, will be a way for others to know Him personally.
- that God the Son, will return in future days. This is our (believer's) blessed hope!
- that those who know Christ will live for eternity in heaven, and those who do not know Him and believe in His work on the cross, will experience death for all time.
I have only written quick, short bullets...If you have any questions at all, please ask. I would love nothing more than to talk with you about this subject!